a little more about kenna


Kenna Says. . .

I am a sassy music junkie who often expresses my feelings through the lyrics of a song. It is something that I connect deeply with. I relish the quiet, calm moments in life. I love my family and friends deeply and am fiercely protective of them. I am passionate and driven so when I put my mind to something, I accomplish it. I love to write, whether on my blog or my book. In turn I also love to read. My true love, other than Josh of course, is the ocean. I am looking forward, and want nothing more, than to being a mommy to a sweet 'little' through adoption.



Josh Says. . .

Kenna is a very caring person. I have always enjoyed watcher her do secret acts of service for others. She'll write beautiful notes to people to lift them up and help out in any way possible. She has a great sense of humor and can always bring a smile to my face. I am always amazed at how strong she is. Kenna is very determined. She knows what she wants and will do everything in her power to accomplish her goals. She is very smart and loves to learn. This comes in very hand for me because she helps me out in school. Kenna is very organized and keeps things in order. She is tender and calm and she is going to make an amazing mommy to a lucky 'little.'

5 comments:

Kendra said...

Hi. You have no idea who I am but that's ok. There is a family in our ward who have successfully adopted 4 children now and have a very happy and sweet family. I thought I would just give you her blog address in case you have any questions for them and to just keep hope alive. Good luck on your honorable journey!

http://answer2prayers.blogspot.com/

Stacy Stoddard said...

Kenna,

I am a friend of Lief and Jennifer Nelson. I am sad for all the heart ache you have gone through, but I want you to know the journey you are about to take is amazing. We have been unable to get pregnant and two years ago decided to put in adoption papers. The agency we went through was amazing and faster than we could imagine. With in 8 weeks of starting our paper work, we were off to pick up our son. What a blessing he is in our life.

At that time what we didn't know is what the Lord had in store for us. Nine months later the agency called us and wanted to know if we would be willing to adopt another little boy. Our second boy was 2 1/2 months at the time of placement putting our boys 6 1/2 months apart.

There are many very difficult days but our adoption journey has given us a new out look and possible a better out look on families. We have open adoptions and occassionally hear from the birth mothers. They are blessings in our life.

I am excited for you and hope that your hearts will be healed with the blessing and miracle of adoption. Best of luck.

If you ever have any questions I love to answer them. I also have a private blog with our adoption stories on their. Good luck.

short_stac@yahoo.com

Sheena said...

Hey Kenna,
I want to help out so I thought the least I could do is put your button on my blog and do a post about it. According to the little map I have on my blog I have people all over the country and the world that visit. That might help spread the word. So if it's okay with you I'll do that. I just wanted to let you know where your button is going. You can check out my blog at www.turningordinaryintoextraordinary.blogspot.com.

oureternalfamily said...

Hi Kenna. You don't know me either, but I am LDS and I had two stillbirths last year. I was in my second trimester both times, one was a boy and one was a girl. I understand your heartache all too well. Nothing I can say will take that heartache away for you, but know that I understand it. I am thankful for wonderful priesthood leaders who when they didn't have the answers I needed got them. I am also thankful that my babies were born in the Covenant and that families are forever! You will hold and enjoy each of those precious babies you lost just as I will mine. thank goodness for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives! My heart truly goes out to you and if you happen to be on cafemom.com look me up! my screen name is My3sonsinMD.
~Rachael~

PixieGirl said...

I will be praying for you two to find your little wonder soon! You will obviously be amazing parents and I have no doubt that you will find the right little one to care for and love!